In 2018 over 9,800 people went to the emergency room as a result of fireworks-related injuries. There were an estimated 15,700 reported fires started by fireworks. These fires resulted in an estimated eight reported deaths, and $32 million in direct property damage. This is why it is a good idea to have a free home insurance review and quote, call us today!
Fireworks Safety Tips
- Buy fireworks only from licensed vendors
- Never combine fireworks
- Obey all local laws
- Never have any portion of your body directly over a firework while lighting
- Follow directions
- Never relight a firework
- Don’t smoke or drink while lighting fireworks
- Soak used fireworks in water before placing in trash
- Make sure there is parental supervision
- Never experiment with homemade fireworks
- Use fireworks outdoors, in a safe area away from dry grass and buildings
- Keep a fire extinguisher, bucket of water, wet towels and a garden hose nearby
- Light one firework at a time - then move back quickly!
- Never shoot fireworks from metal or glass containers
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket
- Never point or throw fireworks at people or animals
- Clean up all used fireworks including debris
Enjoy the holiday; we live in a great country, happy birthday America!