Tailgating Safety Tips
- Keep food at a safe temperature while transporting from home to the game
- Keep foods separated in plastic bags
- When packing the cooler, be sure raw meat and poultry are wrapped securely and separately
- Don’t let food sit out for hours
- If you serve any fish/shellfish make sure your party guests don’t have allergies. Don’t use the same cook surface for fish and other meat.
- Even on cloudy days, you may have a need for sunscreen
- Drink lots of water
- Pack lots of ice to keep food fresh
- Try to monitor drinking; there is nothing worse than a drunk football fan
- If you use a grill, make sure you follow all manufactures safety instructions
- Don’t use a grill close to any vehicles
- Keep lighter fluid away from grill or heat
- Always have a fire extinguisher and first aid kit on hand
- If you use charcoal briquettes, cool them down prior to storage. A good method is to place them in a bucket of water.
Protect what matters most to you with Miltonvale & Concordia, Ft Riley, Junction City, Manhattan, KS. Car,Home, Health, Life & Business insurance. We offer the best combination of competitive rates, coverage and personal service in Miltonvale.
Get a Fast Free Online Quote. We have great rates! Miltonvale & Concordia, Ft Riley, Junction City, Manhattan, KS. Commercial Auto Insurance, Contractors Insurance & General Liability Insurance.